I figured it was time for a less wordy tutorial now!
I just love the look of campaign style furniture and accessories. The gold accents just make a piece look so classy and timeless.
I have the above frame hanging in our family room (I am married to a German, hence the flag). I purchased this poster frame at Michael’s for $5.99 and it looked it. I had some Rub ‘n Buff already on hand and I got the idea to give it a campaign look (after staring at it and after my 2nd cup of coffee started to kick in…that’s when I get these ideas in my head!!).
This project will take you all of 15 minutes!
- Place a piece of paper under each corner of your frame.
- Measure how large you want your gold corners to be (I made mine 3″ x 3″)
- Tape off each corner
4. Now start painting (be sure to paint in one direction)
5. Once you’ve repeated these steps on all four corners, you can remove the tape. (*Rub ‘n Buff dries very quickly- apx 15 mintues)
6. In the time it takes the kids to watch one cartoon, you’re done!
I just love the way this looks and think I will do this to many blah frames we have around the house!
Would you do this to a frame? Do you like the campaign look? Give me your thoughts!